Monday, December 21, 2015

¡Feliz Navidad! (Almost)‏

My first couple of weeks in Yagul have been different, but nice. A lot of things changed really fast so that has made it a weird couple of months. It's been pretty relaxing not being District Leader or a trainer. We finally have a house too. It's BIG!
It's actually a house with two floors and two bathrooms. I took a hot shower for the first time in 6 months. I forgot how nice hot showers are. I almost weeped of pure joy.

I have grown to love the members and investigators here already. It amazes me how the church is exactly the same in every part of the world. For that reason alone, I know the Church is true. There are amazing members that help and serve the missionaries so much. Even our investigators give us food without hesitating.

It humbles me because a lot of people here don't have anything, and they offer everything to us. My last day in Huatulco we went to visit a friend of a member. She lived all the way down by the river in a shack. She told us that there house was robbed a couple days earlier. They were left with absolutely nothing. They have 4 little children and everything they owned was taken from them. We she told us what happened, it broke my heart. And then she offered us some of their fruit that they had. I love the people of Oaxaca because they are so loving and selfless. 

We performed a Christmas program last Thursday in the Stake. All the missionaries sang and performed talents in the program. It was centered on Christ and the missionary messages. It was super fun and it went really well. We got to wear scarfs too! Next Christmas I'm for sure going to sign up for a special musical number or talent. This year I couldn't because of the special changes and all of that. President Madsen recorded it, I don't know if she's posting it anywhere for people to watch. 

I also bought my Christmas present for myself. I bought my mission scripture cases. I chose the images I wanted and this member here in the city makes these sweet scripture cases for the missionaries here. I turned out super awesome.

¡Feliz Navidad! Les amo mucho. Have the best Christmas ever and this Christmas I hope we can all try to be a little more like Christ. Serve others! There isn't much else that gives us more happiness than to serve!

Con Amor
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment