Monday, December 7, 2015

Birthday surprise

I'm going to start with the birthday surprise that I got Sunday night to finish off my first birthday in the mission field. We got home after traveling from La Cruz. We went to La Cruz to watch the live stream of the Christmas Devotional in Spanish. I loved it, it was a awesome way to celebrate my birthday. The Tabernacle Choir numbers were amazing with the big orchestra and everything! I also had to give a Baptismal Interview to one of the investigators of the sister missionaries after the devotional. By the end of all that it was late and we still had a 30 minute taxi ride to get back to Santa MarĂ­a. We ran, found a taxi, and got back only 10 minutes after 9:00, so we weren't too late. I reported with my district and then called the Zone leaders to report with them.


Before anything, the zone leader Elder Dominguez told me that I he had some good news and bad news. He told me that on Wednesday of this week I leave for the City. I'm being transferred in special changes to the area Yagul in the zone Monte Alban. The good news is that its pretty cold in Oaxaca City right now. By cold I mean like 70 degrees haha. I was pretty shocked, I didn't see that coming at all. I should have learned not to get too comfortable. 


I also got my other package and it made me really happy! I put my tree up with all the ornaments and also my nativity! It was the best thing that I could have gotten for Christmas time here. Some of the quotes from the ornaments made me laugh outloud, and others made me tear up a little bit. 

Wednesday morning I head off to Oaxaca City in a 10 hour bus ride to start another chapter in my life and in my mission. The Elder that I'm replacing went home because he is really sick. I also just found out that one of my contacts in my first area is getting baptized this month with her entire family! I'm going to ask for permission to go to the baptism. Its a miraculous thing to see the fruits of your labors. I forgot to add that to my big email.  Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers. It all means a lot to me.

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment