Monday, February 22, 2016

The End of February

February is already almost over! This year is going to be a blur. It's scary how fast it's going to go by. Well I now have a new companion. His name is Elder Arriola and he´s from Santa Ana, El Salvador. Abby is going to his home mission! Elder Arriola finishes his mission in about 4 months. He is a great missionary with a lot of experience. 

Today I was able to visit my first area! We just ate lunch with a family that is really close to me. Hermana Eva, her sister Vicky, and their kids. Hermana Vicky still isn't baptized, but few of her kids have gotten baptized. Vicky has stopped drinking coffee and she will soon be getting baptized, I'm sure. The change she has made since Elder Erikson and first met her is amazing. From cursing a lot and praying to the virgin Guadeloupe, she has changed dramatically. Thanks to the principles of the gospel and the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can truly change and prepare ourselves for when we will live with our Heavenly Father. It brings me a lot of joy seeing Vicky embrace the gospel, as well as her kids. 

I know that the atonement of Jesus Christ is real. I know it because I have felt the promise that he made in Mosiah 24:14 
Y también aliviaré las cargas que pongan sobre vuestros hombros, de manera que no podréis sentirlas sobre vuestras espaldas, mientras estéis en servidumbre; y esto haré yo para que me seáis testigos en lo futuro, y para que sepáis de seguro que yo, el Señor Dios, visito a mi pueblo en sus aflicciones.
If we come unto Christ, He will comfort us, and bear up our burdens for us. That is what I have learned of the power of the Atonement. The Mission has helped me realize that and learn how to really apply it to my life.

I love you all and thank you for your prayers and support!

Con Amor,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment