Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Wings

We have a baptism coming up in a few weeks! Our investigator's name is Eloy and he is 94 years old. He is really funny and we have to yell during our lessons with him so that he can hear. What is amazing is his eyesight. He doesn't use glasses and he can read and see perfectly well. He lives in a little town about 20 minutes outside of Nochixtlan called Etlatongo

We have been working hard, trying to find new investigators. We have been receiving referencias from members and contacting a lot to find more investigators. We are teaching a friend of a member that has suffered all of her life. She's 50 years old and she has been angry with God because of everything she has gone through. It was a little difficult for me to figure out what to say. I haven't suffered a day in my life, what was I going to say to her to help her?? I tried to follow the spirit and I testified that she can find peace and joy through the restored gospel. I testified that our Heavenly Father loves us and puts trials in our path because he loves us. It's still hard for me to help people that are in situations that I have never experienced, but I have learned to better rely on the spirit.

Yesterday we went to Oaxaca with a member to eat wings. I felt that I was at home for a moment, eating wings with my friends. I love the Oaxacan food but sometimes i miss American food, and especially Mom´s cooking :)

Have a fabulous week! Les amo!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment