Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 5, 2015 written letter home

¡Hola Familia!
Josh(brother), Elder Stott, Elder Smith, Elder Holmes, Abby(cousin)

Well I am alive and well.  I ran into Monica right when my shuttle pulled into the MTC and I got to say hi to Josh today.  Well I think it was today even though it seems I saw him so long ago.  These first few days go on forever, but other Elders say after the first week it goes a lot faster.  There is so much to write about but I have no time between the last class and lights out.  We met our Branch President, President Doman tonight.  He is a huge BYU football fan and has a son playing on the team.  I know there have been a lot of Domans on the team throughout the years.  Like Brandon Doman.  I think President Doman is his uncle.  He told us we could write a letter home today because our first p-day will be next Thursday.  Tomorrow morning my companions and I (we are a trio) are teaching an investigator in full Spanish.  There is no place like the MTC and I know I will continue to love it more and more as time moves on.  My companions are Elder Holmes and Elder Stott.  They are the coolest guys and I will be able to talk about them more in my emails on p-day.  Elder Holmes is going to Guadalajara Mexico and Elder Stott is going to San Jose, Costa Rica.  I am starting to think that if I get my visa soon that I won't want to leave Provo until the six weeks!  I know that this is where I need to be.  This place is a place of miracles.  Elders that have been here for just a couple of months seem like they have been here for a year because they know so much about the language and they have such a light in their eyes.  This is a lot more than I was planning to write but I could go on and on.  I love you all and I think about you often when I'm not thinking about learning Spanish.  I will have a lot more time to write on p-day and typing will be a lot faster.

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment