Thursday, February 19, 2015

P-day #2

P-day number two is here! A lot of things happened this week. This last week has really been a roller coaster of emotions. One minute you are down and discouraged about absolutely everything, and then the next moment you have super high spirits and are the happiest you've ever been. The emotional extremes by themselves are exhausting, but then add the incredibly busy schedule and it's even more impossible to get through a day. But the strange thing is I really love it. 


Last Sunday I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting completely in Spanish! The topic for last Sunday was persevering to the end. How it works is everybody is supposed to prepare like they are speaking in sacrament meeting and we take the Sacrament, President Doman stands up and announces who will be speaking. I had a strong feeling he was going to choose me to speak because the week before he told me that he saw something special in me, which surprised me. Usually 3 missionaries speak during Sacrament Meeting and I was the only "newbie" missionary who was asked to give their talk in Spanish. The two other Elders from my district who spoke were just asked to bare their testimonies in English! Definitely not fair haha.


For the MTC choir performance this week we sang "Consider the Lillies." Oh man I love that song so much, it was so awesome singing it with so many talented missionaries. We performed during the Tuesday night devotional. That's when the choir always sings. The Sunday night devotional was really special too. The special musical number was a group of five Elders that are going to serve in the Netherlands. I forgot what song they sang but they switched back and forth from English to Dutch and it sounded so sick! I've come to know that singing in Spanish is way better than singing in English. Well I guess it depends on the song but the way that Spanish flows so much better than English it sounds really nice. I prefer saying my prayers in Spanish too even though I only know a limited amount of things to say in a prayer in Spanish. I speak a lot of "Spanglish" in my personal prayers. I'm pretty sure the Lord understands Spanglish (:

Also, it was so cool seeing Josh again for our Tuesday morning service assignment. He showed the whole district his proposal video and it was way cool! I thought to myself earlier in the week that I remembered he was going to pop the question on Valentine's day. I'm bummed that I'm going to miss all the festivities but making sacrifices is all part of the mission. 

Pretty much most of class and study time is dedicated to either Language study or lesson preparation. We have TRC three times a week, which is teaching either teaching our progressing investigator or we teach volunteer members a short 20 minute lesson. Almost every day we role play with all of our teachers as they pretend to be an investigator that they taught on their mission. Right now my companions and I are teaching 4 different investigators multiple times a week. That is not including the two lessons we teach the volunteer members every Monday night. It is very stressful and difficult to remember which investigator is which and what their individual needs are.

Throughout this week I felt a little discouraged because I didn't feel that I have been progressing as fast as I want to. I felt like I was stuck in a rut for the majority of the week. I've been asking God for help to give me energy and a clear mind throughout the day. I've never prayed so much in my life. Everyday I probably pray 10-15 times so I have a lot of opportunities to speak to God about how I feel and ask for help and guidance. My testimony of prayer as grown exponentially in these 2 weeks. It was yesterday after a really good lesson with Santiago (Who is really our teacher Hermano Bush) I realized that went in with nothing but a Libro de Mormón and faith and was able to teach him what I wanted to teach him. If we trust in out Heavenly Father, I know he will answer our prayers and give us comfort and peace. 

Thank you for all of your prayers because I definitively can feel the blessings! I love you and hope the family has a great week!

Con Amor,  

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment