Monday, July 13, 2015

Wedding

I love the pictures! Hahaha wow I never changed my pose or smile..how boring lol. That's the first thing I thought when I saw the temple in the pictures. It´s gorgeous. 

That grey suit and frost blue tie combo on Josh is sweet! I want a grey suit, I might buy a new suit at the end of my mission here because they are dirt cheap here. 

I can´t really think of much that happened this week. Its been a tough couple weeks with our investigators and we only had 20 lessons this week. Everyone has been busy and not really wanting anything to do with the missionaries. It can be disheartening at times but I had an experience with a long time investigator that Elder Erikson and I started teaching, Vicky. Vicky wants me to baptize her, but she still doesn't feel ready. I told her in the last lesson with her that it´s very likely that I will get transferred in about a week. So I told her that we will have her baptism this Saturday at 6:00, half jokingly, but I wanted to see what she would say. After she thought about it for a little bit she agreed! Elder Torres and I were ecstatic but after we finished the lesson, she changed her mind and said she wasn't ready yet. We were so close! Ughh and if I get changed, I won't be able to see her get baptized, and she has really been my focus these last 4 months. But that's the missionary life, you always leave behind investigators. 

Also, this week was super rainy and cloudy and COLD! I used the rain jacket almost everyday this past week because I was sick of being wet and cold. The rain jacket worked perfect. I don't know what the actual temperature was but I was freezing. It was probably something like 65 degrees hahaha.  The members here say rainy season here in the city is July-October. I might not be able to email next Monday because of traveling or whatever might happen for transfers. Just a heads up. 

Sounds like the family is going to have a fun rest of July. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. One thing that I have learned here on the mission is that I have the best family in the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment