Thursday, July 9, 2015

¡Feliz Día de Independencia!

Happy 4th of July weekend! ¡Feliz Día de Independencia!

On Saturday the only really American thing I did to celebrate was eat Domino´s Pizza. I was tempted to hang an American Flag out the window of our house but then I thought again and realized that´s an easy way to put myself in danger here in Mexico haha. I heard that when it´s Mexico´s Independence day, it gets crazy with parties in the street all day and night long. I think it´s someday in September.

Also this week, we went to the Temple again. I have had the opportunity to go to the Temple here in Oaxaca 4 times now. It is really a blessing being here in the city close to a temple. When I am sent to the Istmo or the coast I won´t have that blessing so I am enjoying it while I have it. Every time I have gone to the temple here, I have gone with the purpose of receiving peace and comfort. I worry a lot about being a good missionary that can really make a difference in these people´s lives and sometimes I doubt myself or feel inadequate. But after a temple session I really feel at peace and feel that I am doing my best and that´s all I can do. 

We are finding a lot of new investigators and we have 11 baptismal dates. These baptismal dates aren´t certain but we are working hard with our investigators to try and prepare themselves for their baptismal dates. Three of our investigators are for sure getting baptized on there dates. 2 kids who have less active parents, and a girlfriend of a less active member. The sad thing is that we are planning for there baptisms after the next changes, and there is a good chance that I will be changing areas in a couple weeks. But maybe not, we´ll see! The problem with most of our investigators is attending church! In order to baptize an investogator they need to have gone to church atleast 5 times. Here everybody works on Sunday. It´s our biggest trial right now, getting our investgators to go to church! It´s frustrating, but as long as we do our part, thats all we can do. 

I hope you all had a great 4th of July and Have fun at the Family reunion and wedding!

I forgot to talk about P-day today! 



Today, we had a multi-zone soccer tournament. Each zone had two teams of 7. I uploading some pictures with my Germany jersey that I bought the other week for 50 pesos. (more or less $3) It was a steal. Now I have a Mexico Jersey and a Germany jersey. Ill be adding to my collection the next 18 months becuase they are so cheap here. Anyways the first two games I played as an attackman. I didn´t score any goals but I was able to contribute with some assists :) We had some really good players on our team, like my District leader, Elder Perlaza, who is in one of the photos I uploaded. SO we won the first two games pretty easily. We made it to the championshop game and I was chosen as the goalie. We won and I played a shutout, nobody scored on us and I made some nice saves so I´m proud of myself :) haha shows that I can play futbol with latinos!


Love you all,
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment