Monday, November 23, 2015

Black out in Santa Maria

Today is transfer day! And I am still here in Santa María, Huatulco! I'm going to be here for a total of 6 months, half a year! I´m super content, because I didn´t want to change. I am loving it here and I haven´t gotten tired of it yet. After 4 and a half months in my first area, I was ready to get changed. I wasn't surprised that I didn't get changed because Elder García is still in training.

This week we had a short blackout here. All of Santa María was without power for a couple of hours. This is a pretty normal thing here, but it was night time when it happened this past week. From 7 to 9 pm we were walking around town in complete darkness, looking for people to teach. It was a cool experience because we had a good way to start talking with everyone we saw. We just went up to anyone that we saw and started talking about the blackout and then about The Restoration and the Book of Mormon. We went around town giving out a bunch of Books of Mormon and fliers. I mean we do that a lot normally, but it was a lot easier without power in town! We had a bunch of success that night finding new investigators. 

Today for our P-day we went to San Agustín Beach! It´s one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Huatulco.
We ate seafood and enjoyed the view. I decided to go with the Grilled garlic octopus. Wow it was amazing.
I was very happy eating my recently caught octopus. On the way back we heard that there was a giant tree that's a giant iguana habitation. The super big ones are pretty ugly. They literally look like dinosaurs.
We also met Flor the Raccoon. She enjoyed climbing on my head and nibbling on my ear. I decided that Raccoons are better pets than Dogs or Cats.
We also couldn't find a taxi for the ride back, so we hitchhiked on the back of a big truck. The people here are awesome because they always give us a ride when we put our thumbs up on the side of the dirt road. 

I also took a lot of pictures one day during the week. I usually don't like to carry my camera around but for one day I did. So you all could see what its like a day as a missionary in Santa María, Huatulco.

I love the mission because it is an opportunity to learn a lot everyday. I am forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity to serve in Oaxaca for 2 years. The things that I am learning will help me for the rest of my life and all eternity. I am grateful also that the Family is also receiving blessings in these two years that I am away from home. But it is really my future family, wife and kids that will be blessed the most for the two years that I am putting aside for the Lord.

I love you all and I hope that you have a fabulous Thanksgiving! Eat a bunch of sweet potatoes and greenbean casserole for me!

Con Amor, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment