Monday, January 18, 2016

El Tigre'

This week I finally celebrated my Birthday and baked the cake that Mom sent me!
Its a pretty difficult task finding someone with an oven here. I was super happy to eat some real good old fashioned cake that's not mexicanized. We took a picture and a video of me blowing out the candles. Well at first we just put a bunch of matches to light on the cake, but as you will see in the video, that didn't work out too well. So after we used one big candle.
This week, Elder Schupp and I worked really hard to find new investigators. We street contacted a bunch and we searched for references. The references that we are given can be nearly impossible to find sometimes. One reference we received gave us two pieces of information. 1) The street name 2) Ask for "El Tigre". I am happy to announce that we found The Tiger. It took us a while but we searched for a couple hours and we found his little house on the side of the mountain. Hopefully he progresses so I can say that I baptized El Tigre hahaha. 

This week we have a Seventy coming to train us. I am so excited, because I love conferences and to be able to hear from a member of the Seventy will be an awesome learning experience. His name is Elder CastaƱeda. Conferences always make the weeks go by faster too, and they already go by super fast. I can´t believe that I am at the peak of my mission and now I am going downhill...I feel like I just barely started. 
Happy Martin Luther King day! I only know that because of the email Mom sent me mentioning it ;)
Love you all!
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment