Monday, January 11, 2016

Prayer works!

Just completed my first week with Elder Schupp! He's doing super well and we are still having trouble speaking Spanish to each other, because I missed speaking English, so we speak a lot of English. I know we should start talking more in Spanish so he can practice. So this week we had a lot of meetings and we did the Christmas program over again so it wasn't a normal week. First of all we had the new missionaries and Trainers meeting. It was the fourth time I've gone to that meeting so far in my mission but it was still really helpful. I just love the meetings that President and Sister Madsen have because they never make it boring, it's always interesting with them.

So in our area, we are focusing on street contacting and searching references, because we need more investigators! We only have a few investigators. That's what happens when the missionaries before you didn't work very hard. Another thing is THANK YOU for your prayers. I was really worried about learning the area, but after this week, I pretty much know all of the area. It came so fast for me this time, learning the layout and all the parts of the area. I know it was because you all prayed to help me and God answered and helped me so much to learn faster where all the members and investigators live.

Well anyway, we focused a lot on searching references that we have been given. Searching for references in Oaxaca is not a simple task. And we have not been able to find any of them. The directions that we get are really general and when we do get a street name and a house number, the house numbers are super random and the streets are hard to find. And in a lot of parts of the city, the houses aren't even numbered and their streets/dirtpaths don't have names. But we did have a lot of opportunities to street contact asking around! 

Today for Pday we went to go eat and buy cool stuff in big central park. Elder Schupp ate his first chapulin, so it was a good day for him hahaha. Thank you for all of your prayers! I have really felt them with all the blessings I have received. 

Que tengan una buena semana! 
Con Amor,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment