Monday, March 28, 2016

Special Changes, Take Two

Happy Easter! 
A few days ago, President and Hermana Madsen came to check our house out to make sure it was clean and to get to know the location and other details about the house. They have been doing that with all of the houses and apartments in the mission. They let us know a couple hours before coming so we had time to clean up a few things but for the most part, our house is always pretty clean. I started talking about how I really liked the house that we're living in even though it's outside of the area.
President Madsen then put his arm around me and said, "Well, Elder Smith, you better enjoy it for a few more days because next week you'll be leaving in special changes to Nochixtlan as Zone Leader in the Sierra." President really likes surprising me because that´s the second time I've been changed in special changes...haha.
I leave tomorrow (Tuesday) for Nochixtlan. Its a small town in the sierra of Oaxaca about an hour and a half north of the city. I am really excited because everyone says its really beautiful up there and its a little bit colder. Its been super hot these past couple of weeks here in the city. At the same time, I'm sad to leave behind Yagul. I love this ward and the members here. We are also going to have a few baptisms coming up in these next two months here, so I'm going to be missing all of that.
The mission is a constant adventure and I am loving every minute of it. I cant believe that I have less than 10 months left. It's sad how fast the mission is flying by. I am definitely going to make these last few months count. Life is good, especially when General Conference is a week away :)
I hope you all have a great GC weekend,
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment