Monday, March 7, 2016

Golden

I had some cool experiences during some of our lessons this past week. We met with a new investigator this week named D. We started teaching a little bit about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the principles of the Gospel or the things we need to complete to have the opportunity to live with God again. D is like no other investigator I have ever taught. He was so amazed and awestruck my every little thing we said. I remember thinking to my self during the lesson, "Why doesn't everybody react like this when we teach them these precious truths??" I have been so used to teaching these marvelous things to people, and them brushing it off like its nothing. I have forgotten how truly amazing the gospel is until the lesson that we had with D. He had questions such as,  "So I need to follow all of the principles of the gospel in order to live with God after this life?" 
"Yes, exactly", we responded. Then he explained, " I'm not even halfway completed with the things that God wants me to do!" 

I couldn't help but just have a huge grin on my face the entire lesson because of how excited D was to learn more and to receive a Book of Mormon. He accepted the baptismal invitation without a second thought too. It truly was an awesome experience to see how someone so easily recognized the truth.

I uploaded some pictures of the pathway to get to a member's house in our ward. The car tires are the steps and it is super sketchy. I don´t know why they decided to live on the side of a cliff. I guess the rent is cheap. 

Thank you for your love and support! I hope you have a great week.

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment