Monday, December 5, 2016

Happy Birthday

Yesterday I completed 22 months as a missionary and tomorrow I turn 21 years old. Wow where has the time gone. My birthday week is going to be a great one. I'm not going to write a lot this week because I spent a lot of time replying to all the happy birthday wishes from all of the people that are dearest to me. It really touched me to see that I haven't been forgotten after 22 months. My friends and family are honestly the best. This has been one of the best birthdays that I've ever had.


This week we were chased down by drunks, yelled at and insulted in the street. In the same week we have felt the spirit stronger than ever, seen how our investigators have changed through the gospel and hear people bless our names. That's how the mission is in a nutshell. The highest of highs and the lowest of lows. It makes me remember the promise that was made to Joseph Smith by the Angel Moroni. "And that my name should be had for good and evil among all nations, kindreds, and tongues, and that it should be both good and evil spoken among all people."

We were able to see the Christmas Devotional last night with a recent convert in her home. Sister Norma is an amazing sister in the ward and she has gone through a lot of trials lately. It was an amazing and powerful Christmas devotional that left us uplifted and truly joyful. It was truly special to have shared that special night with Sister Norma. 

Thank you for all of your birthday wishes!
Love you all,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment